Everyday Oils — 10 oils that you can use on a daily basis for you and your family
These Everyday Oils come in the Premium Starter Kit. I will outline each of the oils and many of their known properties and uses. Of course, you may experiment with the oil and find new uses for you and your family.
Please note that there are many more uses for each of these oils than the ones that I list here. These are only a few to get you started with using these natural oils in your daily life.
Lavender has a fresh, sweet, floral, herbaceous aroma that is soothing and refreshing. It is often referred to as the “Swiss Army Knife” of the oils since it can be used in most applications. No home should be without this oil. Lavender is an adaptogen, and therefore can assist the body when adapting to stress or imbalances.
French Scientist discovered lavender’s ability to promote tissue regeneration and speed up would healing. Arabs and Romans used lavender for perfumes, burial rituals, bath houses, salves, balms, and cosmetics.
TOPICAL: Apply 2-4 drops on location or Vita Flex points
AROMATIC: Inhale directly from bottle or diffuse up to 1 hour 3x daily
DIETARY: Put 2 drops in a capsule up to 3x daily
- Apply to cuts, scrapes, burns/sunburns/cold sores/insect bites, rashes, or acne to soothe and cleanse.
- Use in a capsule, teaspoon of honey, or swipe directly around the nose or on the inside of the cheek to help support healthy lung, sinus and immune functions. Could be used along with Lemon and Peppermint in a capsule to support the respiratory or digestive systems.
- Diffuse, or apply topically to promote relaxation, sleep, improve feelings of depression or to improve cognitive performance.
- Massage onto abdomen for help with menstrual discomfort. Massage onto scalp along with Cedarwood to promote healthy hair growth (1 drop each 1x daily). Dilute with 3-4 drops of a pure carrier oil (i.e. Sweet Almond Oil) onto the skin after shaving to soothe.
CAUTION: Make sure to only use Young Living Oils, since true lavender is often adulterated with hybrid lavender (lavandin), or with synthetic linalol and linalyl acetate, or synthetic fragrance chemicals like ethyl vanillin. Young Living’s Lavender Oil has the seed to seal promise. All of their Lavender Oil is grown on their farms in Idaho, Utah or France.
Romans and Greeks used peppermint to flavor food and wines.
TOPICAL: Dilute 1 part peppermint with 2-4 parts carrier oil. Apply 1-2 drops on location (abdomen, temples, or Vita Flex points).
AROMATIC: Inhale directly or diffuse 10 minutes 3x daily.
DIETARY: Put 2 drops in a capsule up to 3x daily
- To ease tension, uplift, gain increased focus and energize, apply diluted as instructed to temples, back of the neck or forehead, or press a drop on the roof of the mouth.
- Use in a capsule with carrier oil to help support normal digestion and appetite suppression. Can add Lemon and Lavender oils to the capsule to aid in respiratory or digestion support.
- Dilute as instructed and apply to trunk area and back of the neck for cooling and refreshing relief. Apply diluted to sore, overworked muscles for relief.
- Improve concentration and focus by placing 1-2 drops on the tongue, diffusing for 20 minutes, or inhaling slowly from the bottle.
- Add one drop to hot tea for a soothing drink, to cold water for a refreshing drink, to recipes for a nice minty flavor (i.e. brownies — adjust to taste).
Lemon has a strong, purifying, citrus scent that is revitalizing and uplifting. Lemon consists of 68 percent dlimonene, a powerfl antioxidant. Lemon essential oil is cold-pressed from the rinds of lemons. Jean Valnet MD estimated that it takes 3,000 lemons to produce one kilo of oil. In his book, The Practice of Aromatherapy, Valnet wrote that lemon is a tonic for supporting the nervous and sympathetic nervous system.
Lemon oil has been used for centuries to lower acidity in the body. In the 1790’s it was given to sailors in the Royal Navy to eliminate vitamin deficiencies and scurvy. Lemon has been used as a flavorant, for cleaning, and in cooking.
TOPICAL: Dilute 1 drop lemon oil with 1 drop carrier oil. Apply 2-4 drops on location or Vita Flex points.
AROMATIC: Inhale directly or diffuse up to 1 hour 3x daily.
DIETARY: Put 2 drops in a capsule up to 3x daily, or add 2 drops to a glass of water.
- Add to drinking water (glass only) to assist with water retention, appetite suppression and support to digestion (especially of the gallbladder).
- Use in an epsom salt bath to accelerate detoxing and to refresh the body and/or mind.
- Diffuse during testing or homework to improve mental accuracy and concentration. Diffuse or inhale from bottle to uplift mood.
- Use directly to easily remove sticky residue or add to natural household cleaner to help remove stains.
CAUTION: Avoid applying to skin that will be exposed to sunlight or UV light within 24 hours.
Frankincense (Boswellia carteri) has a sweet, warm, balsamic aroma that is stimulating and elevating to the mind. Useful for visualizing, improving
one’s spiritual connection, and centering, it has comforting properties that help focus the mind and overcome stress and despair.
Frankincense is considered the “holy annointing oil” in the Middle East and has been used in religious ceremonies for thousands of years. It was well known during the time of Christ for its anointing and healing powers and was one of the gifts given to Christ at His birth. “Used to treat ever
nceivable ill known to man,” frankincense was valued more than gold during ancient times and only those with great wealth and abundance possessed it. It is mentioned in one of the oldest known medical records dating from 16th century B.C.
TOPICAL: Apply 2-4 drops directly to skin or Vita Flex points. Dilution not required unless skin sensitivity occurs.
AROMATIC: Inhale directly or diffuse up to 1 hour 3x daily.
DIETARY: Put 2 drops in a capsule up to 3x daily.
- Diffuse or inhale directly to increase spirituality and inner strength, lift mood, and inspire balanced emotions.
- Use 5 drops of Frankincense in a capsule with 5 drops each of Idaho Balsam Fir and Copaiba to help relax muscles and ease tension.
- Support skin health by applying directly to moles, skin tags, scars, wrinkles, and age spots.
- Add to daily capsules to support a healthy immune system.
Melaleuca alternifolia is highly regarded for its wide range of uses. It supports the immune system and is beneficial for the skin. Commonly known as Tea Tree Oil and used in many cosmetic products for its cleansing properties.
“Tea Tree” oil was used in the 17002 by the indigenous peoples of Australia to treat cuts, wounds, fungus, and infections.
Topical: Apply 2-4 drops on location or Vita Flex points. Dilution not required, except for the most sensitive skin.
Aromatic: Inhale directly or diffuse up to 1 hour 3x daily.
- Clean feet thoroughly, add oil directly to feet and toenails, and massage.
- To promote healthy lung function, massage into chest and throat 2-3 times daily.
- For maintenance of healthy skin, or to ease discomfort from bumps or scrapes, apply directly to affected areas.
- For maintenance and prevention of scalp and hair issues, add 20 drops of oil to 2 tbsp natural shampoo. Massage into scalp and hair, leave on for 10 minutes.
- Use as a mouth rinse to help support healthy teeth and gums.
Young Living’s Stress Away essential oil blend is a natural solution created to combat normal stresses that creep into everyday life. Stress Away is the first product to contain the unique stress-relieving combination of lime and vanilla pure, therapeutic-grade essential oils. It also includes copaiba and lavender to reduce mental rigidity and restore equilibrium. Featuring powerful plant constituents, such as the cedrol found in cedarwood and the eugenol that occurs naturally in vanilla, Stress Away can help induce relaxation and reduce occasional nervous tension.
Copaiba, Lime, Cedarwood, Vanilla, Ocotea, Lavender
TOPICAL: Shake well and apply generously to wrists, back of neck, edge of ears, or feet via Vita Flex points. Apply 204 drops to epsom salt bath.
AROMATIC: Inhale directly or diffuse up to 1 hours 3x daily. Add 4-5 drops on cotton balls or tissues and put in or on vents in home or car.
DIETARY: Add 2 drops to water as needed.
- Apply directly to wrists or back of the neck to help induce relaxation and reduce occasional nervous tension.
- Diffuse at bedtime to promote a restful night’s sleep.
- Calms busy children or anxious pets when diffused or applied topically.
- Inhale directly from the bottle to reduce mental rigidity and restore equilibrium.
- Place on tissues or on cotton balls in automobiles for peaceful road trips.
Purification can be used directly on the skin to cleanse and soothe. When diffused, it helps to purify and cleanse the air from environmental impurities including cigarette smoke and other disagreeable odors.
Lemongrass, Citronella, Lavandin, Rosemary, Melaleuca Alternifolia, Myrtle
TOPICAL: Dilute 1 part Purification to 1 part carrier oil. Apply on location to cuts, sores, bruises, or wounds. Add 2-4 drops to an epsom salt bath.
AROMATIC: Diffuse 15-30 minutes every 3-4 hours. Directly inhale. Put 4-8 drops on cotton balls or tissues and put in vents of car.
Add 2 drops to a wet cloth and put in clothes dryer to refresh stale, wet laundry.
Apply topically to cleanse and soothe cuts and scrapes.
Apply directly to bee stings or bites from insects to help relieve discomfort.
Create a natural and chemical free bug repellent.
Add to a cotton ball and place in the bottom of trash receptacles or diaper pails to neutralize odors.
Diffuse with lemon to create a fresh and inviting scent while purifying the air.
Helichrysum, Wintergreen, Clove, Peppermint
TOPICAL: Dilute 1 drop of PanAway to 1-4 drops of carrier oil. Apply to desired area Rub on temples, back of neck, or forehead for a soothing effect. Use with a warm compress along the spine. Apply 2-4 drops to epsom salt bath.
AROMATIC: Inhale directly or diffuse up to 30 minutes 3x daily.
Apply topically or use in an epsom salt bath to reduce discomfort from everyday aches and pains.
Create a cream with whipped coconut oil by adding PanAway to help support cartilage and joint function and healthy bone structure.
To help relax muscles, Helichrysum essential oil can be added to enhance the effect of PanAway.
Rub across the lower back is you feel discomfort from sitting in front of a computer.
Run on your temples to ease minor head tension.
Add Wintergreen essential oil to enhance PanAway’s effects on healthy bone structure.
CAUTION: Possible skin sensitivity. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Dilute before using on sensitive areas such as the face, neck, genital area, etc. Keep out of reach to children. Avoid using on infants and very small children.
Clove, Lemon, Cinnamon, Eucalyptus radiata, Rosemary
This blend was created from research based on legends about a group of 15th-century thieves who rubbed oils on themselves to avoid contracting the plague while they robbed the bodies of the dead and dying. When apprehended, the thieves were forced to tell what their secret was and disclosed the formula of the herbs, spices, and oils they used to protect themselves in exchange for more lenient punishment. Thus came the name “Thieves”.
This proprietary essential oil blend was university tested for its cleansing abilities. It is highly effective in supporting the immune system and good health.*
TOPICAL: Dilute 1 part Thieves oil to 4 parts carrier oil. Rub this diluted blend on chest, neck or throat. Apply neat to the bottoms of the feet. Dilute 1 part Thieves oil to 15 parts carrier oil for a body massage.
AROMATIC: Diffuse 15 minutes every 3-4 hours. Put 4-8 drops on cotton balls or tissues and put in vents.
DIETARY: Add one drop in a clear capsule with 4 drops of carrier oil once daily. Add one drop to a hot drink.
- Diffuse for 12-20 minutes to kill airborne bacteria
- Apply to the bottom of the feet or on the thymus gland daily to aid a healthy immune system.
- Use at the first sign of upset stomach to hasten recovery
- Mix with a tablespoon of water, gargle, and swallow for occasional throat discomfort
- Apply to gums and teeth for relief from discomfort and to support dental health
- Add one drop to warm apple juice for an immune supporting and comforting cider
- Put a few drops of Thieves essential oil blend in a capsule and swallow with water to support your immune system
- Put in a few drops of Thieves essential oil blend in your dishwater or dishwasher to thoroughly clean dishes and eliminate odor
Bergamot, Ylang Ylang, Geranium, Lemon, Coriander, Tangerine, Jasmine, Roman Chamomile, Palmarosa, Rose
Joy is a luxuriously exotic blend with uplifting overtones that creates magnetic energy and brings joy to the heart. When worn as cologne or perfume, Joy exudes an alluring and irresistible fragrance that inspires romance and togetherness. When diffused, it can be refreshing and uplifting.
TOPICAL: Dilute 1 drop of Joy with 1 drop of carrier oil and apply over heart, thymus, temples, and wrists. Dilute 1 part Joy with 15 parts carrier oil for body massage. Apply 2-4 drops to epsom salt bath
AROMATIC: Inhale directly or diffuse up to one hour 3 times daily. Put 2 drops on a wet cloth and put in clothes dryer.. Put 4-8 drops on cotton balls or tissues and put in or on vents.
- Apply over the heart, thymus, temples, and wrists to bring happiness to the heart and inspire romance
- Diffuse Joy with Lemon for an uplifting and invigorating scent
- Apply diluted on children to lift occasional moodiness or defiance
- Provides a fresh and happy scent when added to organic, liquid Castile soap to make an all-natural body wash